Are you concerned about privacy issues respecting email services? Unfortunately, many of these platforms do not guarantee safety respecting users´ personal data, by giving access to third parties for profit and ad purposes. If you do not want to deal with any of that and give privacy and confidentiality the proper relevance, ProtonMail is the way to go.
With ProtonMail, users enjoy completely encrypted messages and an email service that is focused in providing privacy. To achieve this, end-to-end and zero-access encryption technologies, along with different protocols and hardware and server-based security used to guarantee safety in personal information.
Let´s learn how you can send a message using the platform.
Sending a message in ProtonMail?
Follow the next process and learn how to send emails using ProtonMail, easily and using formats. Before we begin, make sure you have logged in to the service through the URL address: “www.protonmail.com” and clicking on “Log in”. if you do not, click on “Sign up” to create a free account.
- Being on the inbox, right above the folder panel you will be able to find the “New message” button. Click it to start the composing process.
- The new message window will appear to the bottom right. In the “To:” empty space, add the recipients that will receive the message. It can be addresses from other email services. You can add as many as you want. Then, add the subject in the space down below.
- Now that recipients and subject has been entered, it is time to write the actual message. The writing section is located below the subject space, and above it there is the format panel.
- The format panel includes: fonts and fonts size, color, font effects as bolt, italic or underlined, ordered lists, alignment, bullets, quotes and more. With this format options messages can be written better and send a clearer and understandable email. Clicking on any format option will be applied to the message if selected.
- In the last image, you can see how a bold effect is added to the font, along with others. Another example would be changing color on any part of the text to highlight a specific phrase. To do it, select the text, click on the “Color” option on the format panel and click on the color of choice.
- In case you do not need or want to handle format, you can write plain text and in this way write a faster message. To do it, click on the “More” button to the very right of the format panel and then click on “Plain text”. The format panel will disappear.
This is how it would look like.
- Once you are done writing the message, the remaining step is to actually send it. Click on “Send” on the bottom right corner of the message window and the email will arrive to every added recipient.
If you want to expand the message window, close it and get to Draft folder or minimize the composer, take advantage of the layout tools on the above of the message window.